Monday, October 20, 2008

Acknowledge, Proclaim

I am Beautiful
Talented, and Worthwhile.
So much more
than the mere parts that
people see, and the
stereotypes
they fit me in.

I am Beautiful
and Strong.
My tears
do not
make me weaker.
Yes, they prove
that I can fall down,
but also that I
learned the lesson,
picked myself up again.

I am Beautiful
and Tenacious.
Though I may not have
reached the peak yet, I will
never give up
aspiring to it
taking steps
toward it
no matter how slow
or painful.

I want my dreams
that badly.

I want them to
abandon
their wispy state.

I want them
to realize their
solid form
sturdy, dependable
Reality.

I am Beautiful
and I Still Believe.

That people
are inherently kind

Truth
always prevails

Good character and
gracious ways
still count for so much

And that
True Love
isn't only
found between
the pages of
faerie-tales,
or
reserved
for the lucky

No comments: